SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Rule mod. #148 manual bilge pump diaphragm. I have replace it twice already and the 'new' one I put in last season has a tear. Its a great pump [when its working] I actually tried to modify a bathroom plunger to make it fit...but that didn't work. Does anyone know of a source or have an idea? I have contacted Rule and hope they will help. I plan on stocking up on a few....if I find them.

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
talking to myself : )

After a world wide search I found the Rule diaphragm kit at Marine.com which is the same as Sailnet...duh! :D

·
Old as Dirt!
3,487 Posts
A more important question might be why do your diaphrams keep failing, eh?

Reactions: olson34

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Just curious, but do you have a strainer on the intake line to that pump? If not, could debris you're picking up be tearing the diaphragm??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a super old thread, but does/has anyone found a place to purchase the diaphragms? It seems like everything to do with the Rule model #148 is extinct :(. Bad news for me. My diaphragm just tore.

For now, I was able to find the complete unit on eBay, but those are super scarce also and I fear next time I need one they will be nowhere.

Boat: Laguna 30 (basically a Catalina 30 knockoff).

Thanks for any tips! If I can find some I will stock up on a few.

·
Registered
25,104 Posts
I’d just refit a new model I could obtain parts for. Scarce parts will become pricey. A Whale Compac is under 100 bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts