SailNet Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have a Columbia 26 MKII with lines led aft to the cockpit? I have done a lot of web searching and reading on this forum about leading lines aft and I think I understand whats involved and what hardware is commonly used. However, there seems to be very little space to do so on my boat due to the "bubble top" cabin which is completely rounded and has no place to mount winches or other hardware. Running lines along the deck seems like too much of a tripping hazard, and again there is no space to mount winches back near the high cockpit coaming without making hazardous deck clutter where you leave the cockpit to go forward. Running lines even farther aft would require passing them through the coaming, and again seems like a real clutter hazard in the cockpit and on deck where the lines would have to be elevated several inches above the deck. Anyone with experience running lines aft on this boat who can show me their set-up or provide recommendations would be appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts