SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
If it weren't for all that junk hanging off the back; wouldn't be a bad looking boat ! ;)
Getrid of the fly bridge and the "roof"over the stern and havva good sail :D
AFA "RV vs marine"? Mostly the tag affixed to the back and the $$ Sure; there's some stuff that's not suitable for boats; but really..how much diff? Enuff to warrant the (usually extreme)price increase?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
If it weren't for all that junk hanging off the back; wouldn't be a bad looking boat ! ;)
Getrid of the fly bridge and the "roof"over the stern and havva good sail :D
The "junk" that you refer to would be davits, dinghy, and solar panel? Yeah, totally unnecessary for a long-term cruiser. :rolleyes:

There is no fly bridge - that's another boat behind this one. And the "roof" that you refer to is more solar panels. Probably necessary to be able to run the AC off solar power like he claims.

·
19,484 Posts
That's a FAROUTisland 46!.. I doubt Morgan envisioned that one!

·
Registered
830 Posts
TakeFive;
Yeah, you're right. the fly *is* not included :D Given the rest of the accoutrements,it's a wonder it doesn't have a fly, tho. ;)
It's listed as a "trawler/pilothouse, so I suppose it's OK to have a solar farm erected on scaffolding? ;) I wasn'necessarily questioning the equipment to the stern; just the design. I guess there is no other way to sport alla that silicon? :)
Barring that, I still like her (unadorned) looks. . I do wonder just. how much assist ya can get from the sail plan?

·
Schooner Captain
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably necessary to be able to run the AC off solar power like he claims.
Ah yes, nothing like a home AC unit to let you know the boat is water tight. I think those home AC units will be in the salon if the boat gets pooped.

Am I the only one who noticed the sails, running rigging, are gone? I didn't even see a deck winch.

As for the rv/marine parts I was directly referencing the ungimbled stove, and the propane fridge that vents to where?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.