SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
<-- best seat on the boat
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to take some classes, probably through the RYA (although I'm open to people convincing me to use another system). I live in BC, my SO lives in Sweden, and the only Canadian RYA instructor I've made contact with so far is in Nova Scotia (see other thread about Discovery Sailing). That gives me a rather large section of the planet to work from and pick a sailing school.

Who's your favourite sailing school (anywhere in North America, the Caribbean, or Europe), and why? If you work for a school, be upfront about it and sell it to me. If you're not affiliated but you have a favourite, tell me why.

·
<-- best seat on the boat
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! From his blog it looks like he sometimes works with Dave from Discovery Sailing, do you know if they're affiliated, or just friendly neighbours? I've talked to Dave on the phone, but not Chris yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm not sure if there is a business affiliation or if they are just friends.

Chris is the master of a drill rig which is working off the coast of Africa. I saw him last weekend and he was leaving Sunday past to go back to work so it might be a few weeks before you hear from him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.