SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI to those that may have owned this boat or are interested...

Have been following a thread on sailinganarchy regarding Tiara/S2 possibly bringing the 7.9 back into production.

According to the 7.9 class association website this appears to be the case. See link

S2 7.9 Meter Class Association :: View topic - The 7.9 may go back in limited production

I think its great a former sailboat builder now wants to get back into bldg the line.

Rick

·
Broad Reachin'
2,038 Posts
Good news! I'm a big S2 fan, both because I think they built quality boats and because the company is just a few miles from my home port. I can attest that their current selection of powerboats (Tiara/Pursuit) are top-notch.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Well

Jboats put the J24 back into production and with a boat and trailer getting close to 60k sailaway :eek: makes the used boats look a lot better

I would think S2 quality standards would also come in at a high cost

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
It is a great little racer/cruiser. Yes, I would like to see it back in production but find it hard to believe. My source within the company told me the molds were destroyed a little over a year ago! That doesn't mean they are irreplacable, but it will be more costly to start over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts