SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice sought:

I have the complete sailing rig for a Sabot, but alas no hull. I would like to find a dingy that can use this rig (SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE!) that would tow true and could (possibly) be fitted with a small OB if I ever find any buried treasure. (I sail a Cal 20 off and around Vancouver Canada and there is lots to see on shore if I can only get there.)

Yours truely,
No Liferaft Either

G

·
First of all, Sabots are not that hard to build. They are simple vee bottom plywood boats.

WoodenBoat Magazine(www.woodenboat.com) publishes a variety of really nice dinghy plans. One that is similar in concept to the Sabot is the 7''7" Nutshell Dinghy (Drawings $75)

Then there is Chesapeake Light Craft (www.clcboats.com) who offers a number of nice dinghy kits and plans.

Even easier is some of the Bolger instant boats and Bolger boxes. I am not sure how you would get the drawings for one of those.

Good luck
Jeff

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here''s a ad from the internet, but it is probably too far away. Just keep a look out by using a search engine.
http://www.herndonweb.com/classif/misc.html
Free Sailboat to good home - Small Sabot sailboat great for small lake sailing. Call 703-715 0333 [email protected]
In Virginia
Rob
~~~~_/)~~~~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts