SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have sailed this boat a lot. This is a very strong boat that is well thought out. It is designed as a performance cruiser although we''ve done well on the racecourse with her. Her beam is narrow by today’s (fast-ass design) standards but she has a nice motion through the waves and stands up nicely in a blow. Good storage under berths and behind seat backs. The fin keel is a little squirrelly on big quartering waves but then again all fin keels are. My only complaint is that many of them were equipped with a lot of exterior teak (eye brow, coaming caps etc.) which means either paying someone or spending some of your time with sandpaper and brush in hand. If you use Cetol, it is a one-day job in the spring. Offset prop takes some getting use to but is predictable with some practice. The advantage of this design is that it produces no prop wash on the rudder! Good factory support is still available even on this vintage boat, they have numerous upgrade project instructions on the Sabre website. I own a series II 34 and the two boats sail almost identically. Get a survey but if this proves to be good, I am 100% certain you will like this boat. Better than any new Benehuntalina could ever be!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.