SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently waiting for Mack Sails to make me a new set of sails for my new-to-me 2004 Precision 23.

The old sails, which are the original main and furling genoa, probably didn't deserve to be replaced, but what the hell....I'm replacing the furling sail with a set of 3 hank-on jibs and the main with a full batten main.

That leaves me with a set of little used, nicely maintained, OEM sails for a Precision 23. I've never had used sails that were good enough to sell, so I'm looking for input on the best way to sell 'em. Good sail broker recommended?

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
A used sail place might offer you 25% of what they would sell them for. A consignment place may go as high as 40%, but you have to wait until they sell obviously.
I'd see if there was an owner's site for the boat and try to sell directly to another owner. Or try the craigslist/ebay route.

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,526 Posts
I have been pleased with Bacon, but not sure if it makes sense if the shipping cost is high and you can conveniently drive to another reputable place. I like the sail sale through a class association as a starting place if you have one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts