SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
s/v Tiger Lily
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's face it, your sailboat is going to be your best defense during a zombie attack. Getting out of the Chesapeake ... my only concern will be getting under and through the Bay Bridge south of Annapolis because you know those bastards are going to jump onboard. That's when an extra boat hook will be required. Past that point it's smooth sailing to a zombie-free zone. Discuss.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
2,152 Posts
I suspect zombies will find participating in Sailing Rallies, Rondevoux, and Raft Ups very appealing, so beware of any flotilla of sailboats seemingly out of kilter.

·
s/v Tiger Lily
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Donna, I had not seen that thread. I am dismayed to learn that while they cannot swim, zombies walk on the bottom and then can climb up your anchor rode.

From a link on than thread:

There is a common theme in most zombie lore: Zombies don’t swim! The best they can manage is walking along the bottom of the ocean, and the infected that do need to breathe won’t go near a deep body of water. In short, the zombie apocalypse is a land-based phenomenon.

Another advantage of being on a ship is plentiful access to seafood. Some types of infected and zombies can screw up the entire land-based ecosystem, killing animals of all sorts and poisoning smaller water supplies with their fetid corpses. On a seagoing vessel with a desalination unit, you have plenty of fresh water.

Finally, a good ship is a portable, weatherproof fortress where you can get a good night’s sleep without fear of zombie infestation or crazy isolated survivors. You have to select the right areas to anchor up at night, and avoid particularly harsh storms, but other than that you’re golden!

·
Registered
19 Posts
On the other hand, there is not much difference between a zombie and the average power boater. If a power boater can figure out how to steer and use a throttle, so can a zombie. You may be boarded by zombies on a Bayliner flying a martini glass courtesy flag, playing "Macarena" at 90 dB, and self-chumming the water as they travel.

·
AEOLUS II
2,938 Posts
That goodness the Chesapeake is so murkey, the underwater walking zombies can't see where they are going, keeping us safe.

Plus, the crabs love their dead flesh!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Plus, the crabs love their dead flesh!!"

Thats a great point. They wouldn't last long off the coast here
with all of the hungry fish swimming about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts