SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks, I'm new to this forum and noticed that there were some threads about Sailing Lake Pontchartrain, but I'm already here however, I'm being kicked out of my berth (dock) as the owner wants all covered berths (having a Vega '27 sailboat just won't fit!). So I'm looking for a berth on the north shore. However given that I'm new to the area, I don't know where there are any Marinas besides those around Madisonville but they are too expensive for me (retired on SS). Can anyone help out with finding a place? I don't need much, MAYBE electricity, however I can bring a generator if needs be. I've read some posts and will be calling locations in the next few days, but any help in choosing a spot would be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance, Hal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything in Madisonville?
That's where I am now, but the berth is closing, Marina Del Ray (which is the really big marina locally) is too expensive. Another marina is to far up river to be practical. Not sure about other locations in the area. Hal

·
snake charmer, cat herder
2,640 Posts
dr hal--i sailed out of slidell from eden isles for near year--- once into oak harbor and you meet folks, more options arise, as eden isles has many private docking availabilities, those are just a lil difficult to find without being there
. best of luck to ye. is a beautiful area. .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts