SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I am in the process of purcahsing my first big sailboat. I have been told by the owner it is a 1973 Oshawa sailboat. I have researched the maker and to no avail, am I able to find anything about the boat. It leads me to believe the boat was not made by Oshawa. Therefore, I was asking help in identifying this sailboat. Picture included in the attatchments. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
On the transom there should be a hull identification number. It will likely start with a code of several letters that identify the builder. Try to find a HIN, it should help on the search a lot.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I suspect the easiest way to identify the boat is to look at the title.

If the title doesn't exist why are you looking at it, it's scrap plastic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just curious ... what boat description was there in the AD (i presume it was an AD) that caught your eye? or was it the price that caught your eye?

·
19,489 Posts
Interesting... I've actually found another 'Oshawa' sailboat, but a smaller, older cute little cuddy daysailer, 15 feet. So it seems the builder did exist.

Any more pictures? There's something nigglingly (?;)) familiar about this boat.. estimate of its size?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE: Have inspected the boat. I was shown the title where the manufactor is actually Oshawa....I thought it might be a Grampian23. Interesting the running lights are actually installed within the hull, instead of the outside of the hull. Oshawa info can not be found on the internet, except for the town in Canada. The mystery continues....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts