SailNet Community banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I have wondered Along similar lines. If that were true it might be good news for us because there was a time when we took the drug for a short period, for a land trip to Guatemala and Belize.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Wouldn't it be terrific is suck a cheap drug would work until an vaccine is found!
indeed. Except for the pharmaceutical company's that are salivating for some of that government COVID-19 crisis money. But, maybe I'm a little too cynical. :)

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I look at it as a response from people who cannot think critically. The governor of NY is on the TV every day begging the feds to build or retrofit health care facilities.
I've seen a few of his press conferences. They've been good and he's pretty balanced saying one should take this seriously, but not panic. He's also taken a couple of shots at the Federal Govt, but also been complimentary. I really don't think we can expect them all to nail this thing. The Monday Morning quarter backing will be nauseating in the aftermath.

He is worried about the hospital capacity.
I understand this is a problem in certain hotspots around the country and NY metro is one of them. We have, however, shut the entire country down and are on the verge of doing more.

And I saw a chart showing how China crushed this outbreak in one month. From wildly escalating to almost no new cases between about Feb 20 and present. I will dig it up. If we fail to stamp it out quickly, heads should roll.
Some argue that China is lying. Who knows. I don't think they could really contain a lie in order of magnitude. Way too much international connection. Lots of Americans own factories over there.

I think the unresolved question is whether quarantine really crushed it or subdued community immunity and it flares back up anyway. Do I understand that the UK is allowing community immunity to take hold? Perhaps they have more hospital beds per capita and feel they can deal with the onslaught. Elderly and compromised can always quarantine themselves, while the vast majority deal with the disease. I really don't know what it right, but I do know that most don't understand the price we are currently paying.

·
Master Mariner
8,235 Posts
Does weed help with the symptoms?
Considering the virus attacks the respiratory system, I should think smoking anything wouldn't be a very good idea.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
There are other ways to use cannabis other than smoking. Not sure whether it would help the symptoms but it may make them more tolerable?

I wouldn't call myself a prepper, but I have fueled up the boat and filled the water tanks. That is mainly because if we have to isolate ourselves I can't think of a nicer way to do it than going away on the boat for a while.

I don't fear the breakdown of society. Other than silliness like panic-buying toilet paper everyone is being very calm and rational.

I have faith in my government and my fellow citizens. We will get through this without losing our minds!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Too rich a setup to not think about which newpapers and magazines are best suited as toilet paper. :)
What is this thing called a "newspaper"? :grin

I get all of my news on the computer, and that doesn't seem a very practical thing to use to get clean!

Jim

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I went to Walmart this morning; the store had staff in front of the shelves, making sure that no one took more than one package of toilet paper, paper towels, antibacterial soap and bleach. Probably other items too, but those were the ones I saw.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts