SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I travel to Orange County about four times a year. I have two acquaintances who have sailboats or who have access to them (Sea Scout leader), but I always feel like I'm imposing when I ask about sailing. So, I'd like to try taking a boat out for a few hours one of these trips. Can anyone recommend a place to rent a decent sailboat for a few hours in Orange County?

· Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of my acquaintances out there mentioned Embarcadero and said their boats were decent. A bit on the older side, but for my purposes (considering I sail a 1980's boat anyway) they'd be fine. But I'd be doing most of my sailing in the late afternoon/evening, and that's a problem for Embarcadero because the office closes at 4 or 5. Did a search on Embarcadero and found this place:

San Diego & Long Beach Sailing Club, Sailboat Rentals, Sailing Lessons

They rent 22's at a reasonable rate, and you can take them out in the late afternoon and drop them off after the office closes. I think that's what I'm going to have to do next time I'm out there (weather permitting).

· Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jordan,
Thanks for the note! Dana Point is about as far south as I can go. I'm typically only there Monday through Friday (fly in Monday, out Friday), and I am in the office there until 3:30 or 4:00 PM the days I'm there. So, it would be tough for me to try to get down to your area early enough to get out in a timely manner.

Thanks for the info on the marinas though!

Hey, I heard there is a really good barbecue restaurant just east of the 5 in San Juan Capistrano. Any chance you're familiar with it? I like barbecue and occasionally hunt out good places while I'm out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.