SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,920 Posts
Reaction score
Hi Jimgo,
I live in Oceanside which is as North of San Diego county you can get before Camp Pendelton and then Orange County. I belong to Seaforth Sailing in San Diego and have reciprocal agreements with other clubs and have some experience with clubs to the North.

Besides Oceanside Dana Point is the closest Marina to me. In Dana Point you have Aventura and Embarcadero, in Long Beach there is Marina Sailing and Pacific Sailing. Most of the places have boats starting at 30 feet and half to full days for a couple of $100.

Aventura is very cheap and is my favorite, but you have to leave the boat spotless. If you make it to San Diego you can step onto a rigged boat and step off and walk away. PM me next time you are in town I am always looking for someone to share a charter with.

· Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,920 Posts
Reaction score
Hey, I heard there is a really good barbecue restaurant just east of the 5 in San Juan Capistrano. Any chance you're familiar with it? I like barbecue and occasionally hunt out good places while I'm out there.
Don't know about BBQ but Hapa J's in San Clemente is pretty awesome especially on taco tuesday. Try the Kalua Pork Nachos.

Dana Point is actually the closest place for me to charter. So I rent from there as often as San Diego. I am less than 10 minutes from Oceanside Marina but there are not any boats worth renting there.
Mostly I am just sailing OPBs.

I am glad I found this post though as I was unfamiliar with Embarcadero sailing. I am looking forward to taking out their Lido 14s as it is the first monohull I ever sailed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.