SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for somewhere I can take my Catalina 27 in Los Angeles area to store until I finish some maintenance. Does such a place exist? Prefer indoors.

Work to be done... Painting, cabinetry, revealing windows.

I have a Catalina 27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
69' Coronado 25
323 Posts
Good luck in LA your looking for a miracle. Storage is pricey but add the liability insurance for a working storage yard would be expensive. You might find someone with private property that will allow you to work on it. If you look out in the AV or IE it would be doable as far as prices. I work in OC and my boss would allow me to use the private parking lot but only for a short time (long enough to paint hull and bottom) on my 25 footer.

·
69' Coronado 25
323 Posts
Looking for somewhere I can take my Catalina 27 in Los Angeles area to store until I finish some maintenance. Does such a place exist? Prefer indoors.

Work to be done... Painting, cabinetry, revealing windows.

I have a Catalina 27.
Do you have a trailer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric thanks for the links.

Looks like I'll have do some more research in finding the best option. I'm surprised there are not more options out there for do it your selfers.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Eric thanks for the links.

Looks like I'll have do some more research in finding the best option. I'm surprised there are not more options out there for do it your selfers.

Really...? In the age of litigation...Maybe you put it on the stands wrong and it falls on you, or falls into the boat next to you or maybe you sand the bottom and send toxic dust everywhere. The list goes on and on......

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Really...? In the age of litigation...Maybe you put it on the stands wrong and it falls on you, or falls into the boat next to you or maybe you sand the bottom and send toxic dust everywhere. The list goes on and on......
I think it has to do more with the price of real estate in California. On the east Coast or down in Texas, finding a place to store a boat on the hard is a relatively easy endeavor. Not so here in Cali where land, especially adjacent to open water, is at a premium.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
So about a week ? Ventura Harbor Boatyard will work with DIY owners might check what they're daily rate is. Portlights, cabinetry work is usually done in water.
BTW some yards are $125 or more per day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts