SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Barquito
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Off Center Harbor is supporting sailors who are bored in self-quarantine. They have a 6 week membership for $5. You just need to cancel after 6 weeks before they charge you the full price. I have looked at some of their trailers, but, have not been a member. Looks like high quality stuff. I don't have any association with them, just thought it looked like a good deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, it's true. Thanks Barquito. I'm with Off Center Harbor and we are in fact doing this, but we've up'd the length of the membership a little for obvious reasons, settling on 8 weeks for $5. And at the end of the 8 weeks we automatically give everyone a full annual membership at 50% off (that's a charge of $24.50, which also includes an OCH hat). As stated, you can cancel at any time during the 8 weeks and the cost is only $5 for the 8 weeks. Lastly, if you forget to cancel and get charged, but want a refund, just ask and we'll refund.

There are over 500 videos and 500 articles on the site, so we hope that'll provide many hours of enjoyment during self-isolations and quarantines. Trying to make it easy/simple/inexpensive for those people in need.

It won't allow me to post the link here, but if you email us at support (at) offcenterharbor (dot) com we'll provide the link and someone else can post it here in the thread.

Steve Stone, Co-Founder

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,162 Posts
Steve's email invitation below;

Hello [contactname]

On this sobering morning, I called my 80-year old mother and encouraged her to begin a strict self-quarantine.

Knowing that people all over the world are facing similar circumstances, and quarantines of uncertain duration (or worse), we rallied our crew yesterday to discuss how we might help.

The result — we've created a 6-week membership that is as close to free as we can make it.

There's a reason/backstory for this decision...

While we are optimistic that the threat of this virus will eventually subside, we know that stress, worry, illness and hardship will walk hand-in-hand with many of us for the near term.

If there's one thing that we hear OCH members say again and again, it's this:

"When I'm stressed or worried or my mind is racing, I watch a couple of
Off Center Harbor videos and all is right with the world again".

Our location in rural Maine, and the digital nature of our website memberships, are (so far) giving us the unique ability to provide a 6-week membership at a nearly free cost . We hope it will help, if only in a small way.

You can CLICK HERE to join now for $5, and this membership will provide full access to everything on Off Center Harbor for 6 weeks.

We're hoping this will provide many moments of peace and inspiration amidst whatever else may be going on in your life over the next few weeks.

Warmest regards and stay safe,
Steve

Steve Stone, Co-Founder
Disclaimer: I am not a member, I have no financial interest, and I have not clicked the link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts