SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
12,358 Posts
Reaction score
I'm using that Garmin app as backup too. After getting that, stopped using the Navionics app, like it better.

I'm picturing that short tacking thru Islesboro with envy.
Even though w have a nice Raymarine Chartplotter (and of course paper charts) our use of the I pad has increased exponentially like Minnies for a lot of other convienence things like music, net flicks streamed into the TV, restaurants and active captain and of course reading books etc.

Of course each night I can lay our course in the I pad and bluetooth it into the Raymarine the next AM. Wasier to work with the expand features while relaxing and having a glass of Pinot on the settee than at the helm.

I have 2 Ipads now on board a gen 2 and a new air. My wife got the old gen 2/
I have both the Garmin Blue and Navionics loaded on both and pref the Navionics as I find it more user friendly with currents, but both are excellent programs.

As you found the are extremly accuarte in GPS settings correcsponding to topgraphy and have increased our ability when sailing into confined spaces to really recognize the restrictions in a finite space more readily with the expandable zooms

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.