SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes or no? for me it's no. unless i'm close to port and have guests other then women.

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I often think of the scene in the old movie "flash dance" where the girl removes her bra from under her sweat shirt very casually while in front of her love interest, most definitely a useful method for undergarment removal!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Counterintuitively, when it's hot out, it's yes. Wearing a light wicking sports bra is way cooler and more comfortable than sweating without. They dry quickly after being soaked too, faster than many bathing suits.

I remember the Flashdance scene. I think most women are good at that move, but many guys didn't know about it until then.

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
A female crew member got tagged on the nipple by a flailing line while bra-less. A bra or swim top was always worn after that.

Reactions: Thermophile

·
Registered
73 Posts
I read a mystery novel once where the captured woman surreptitiously dug out the wire in her underwire bra to stab the bad guy with.
Hmmm...another good reason, you never know what can happen on the high seas.

Maybe "Dead Calm" would have been a shorter movie...if only for an underwire.

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
LOL... you and my wife would have gotten along quite well... :)

My bras are so padded they qualify as a PFD. No free range here, I hate being called "sir".

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Ugh, none for me if I can avoid it. They leave such horrible tan lines! :D

But seriously, I agree with the previous poster that it can sometimes be cooler with than without.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For me - I'm not talking shirtless, I'm talking bra-less. For hot days I usually find a thin, white cotton tee-shirt to be the coolest choice.

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
Just be aware that cotton shirts, especially wet ones... provide little or no UV protection, and a really nasty sunburn can be the result. :
For me - I'm not talking shirtless, I'm talking bra-less. For hot days I usually find a thin, white cotton tee-shirt to be the coolest choice.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts