SailNet Community banner

21 - 40 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
In the whitewater river guide business, I had a hard and fast rule. No bra s in the boat. It is a hazard. When someone hits the cold water, they could have a diaphram spasm. I think a restriction around the thoracic area could hinder resperations. Worked every time!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I read a mystery novel once where the captured woman surreptitiously dug out the wire in her underwire bra to stab the bad guy with.
Be careful when wearing an underwire bra because it can actually throw off the compass. :eek:

I was on an archaeological project and we were mapping with a Brunton compass on a tripod. To read the compass you had to lean over the compass to look straight down on it. One girl on the project could never get the same reading as everyone else. We finally figured out the underwire in her bra was magnetic and throwing off the compass!

While I'm dishing out public service announcements, I was on another project and showing an archaeologist how to use a sighting compass. She couldn't get the proper reading either. It turned out that the piercing in her eyebrow was magnetic and throwing off the sighting compass.

·
Banned
2,734 Posts
Actually I prefer sportsbra's
they give all the support
and much more
Freeeeeeedom!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
On a close subject...

I've found women crew prefer inflatable PFDs. I asked one time why. The reply was they were more female anatomy "friendly." I carry two inflatable PFDs and, when handing out PFDs prior to sailing, make sure they go to the women onboard first.

As far as the bra question, I'd think a sports bra would be best. Sailing is, after all, a "Sport" ... isn't it? However, as a guy, no bra also works just as well on my boat.

I hadn't thought about an underwire messing with a compass. I guess any metal in clothing with a potential ferous content could do it. Thanks for the tip.

Skipper, J/36 "Zero Tolerance"

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
could be a new line of "marine" gear! Marine undewire bras!

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
My boat has two rules

1) no bra's on board
2) It's more about attitude than attire.

I kid you knot, ask the Admiral (MMR).

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I don't visit Hersailnet, simply because I figured it would be a bunch of women discussing their favorite Helen Reddy lyrics. Then I come across this thread... and I am totally blown away. Well done!

·
SaltwaterSuzi/CapnLarry
609 Posts
On Kanau the rule is BOAT SHOES ONLY. Boat bras, boat panties, boat hats, boat skirts, boat blouses I suppose might be okay - but they don't seem to be sold anywhere. So we just do without - saves on laundry, makes the voyage much more interesting, and hey, :chaserour choice of anchorages!

Alright, I confess we put stuff back on when we're within eyeshot of others - but on board it's usually just the two of us, and we've got a bimini that covers the whole cockpit to keep the sun off the more tender regions. We hate those pesky tan lines.

I can't believe there are so many conservative sailors. Wind is free, sunshine is free. And I have always felt that if God intended us to be naked we would have been born that way.:laugher

Reactions: Chas H and OZWILD

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
well i must say i need to visit the female section of this site more often :eek: ( i hearby rename this smilely eyes wide open )

as for my wife, she goes with out

·
Registered
295 Posts
See what you started here, Denise? Geez Louise, what next?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Hey Denise,
I'm working on a manual on how to store paper clips at the office. Some people keep them in a small box in their desk, while other people like to put them in a decorative bowl. Other people just leave them in the desk drawer! Anyway, long story short, my paper clip storage manual is about 300 or so pages right now and frankly, some of the feedback I"ve gotten suggests that it's a bit.... boring. Seeing how you're a marketing genius, I thought I'd ask you how I might spice it up a bit. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
2,734 Posts
On Kanau the rule is BOAT SHOES ONLY. Boat bras, boat panties, boat hats, boat skirts, boat blouses I suppose might be okay - but they don't seem to be sold anywhere. So we just do without - saves on laundry, makes the voyage much more interesting, and hey, :chaserour choice of anchorages!

Alright, I confess we put stuff back on when we're within eyeshot of others - but on board it's usually just the two of us, and we've got a bimini that covers the whole cockpit to keep the sun off the more tender regions. We hate those pesky tan lines.

I can't believe there are so many conservative sailors. Wind is free, sunshine is free. And I have always felt that if God intended us to be naked we would have been born that way.:laugher

I certainly understand!!!!!

21 - 40 of 265 Posts