SailNet Community banner

41 - 60 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
hmm, interesting technical conversation. I join the "gravity is not my friend" crowd, but neither are underwires. Sports bra or bathing suit top. :cool: how about thongs?

·
Registered
134 Posts
3 prs of thongs take up very little room !

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I hate thongs. Gimmie good ole cotton the fabric of my life! "HanesHerWay"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tried to get the Admiral to give up hers for the sake of sailing - I wanted to use it for a Spinaker but couldn't cuz the underwires kept getting tangled on the pole during hoists. Tried to rig it as an Asym but ran afoul of the Rules commitee.

Ended up using it as a drogue during harsh weather, works pretty well for that!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sailing without a bra?

Gotta be an east coast question and something which I'm sure predominates many discusions around the cockpit at shift change.

In what little experience I've had, it has been how to get the girls to keep their shirts on, bras never came into the discussion, none wore any.

I did make it a point though to personally apply the sun lotion and sun block, with a close inspection afterward. Health concerns are a priority on the Blythe Spirit, and I don't want any sun burned crew.

I remember one girl coming from Bahia Concepcion to Santa Rosalia on the E. coast of Baja who . . . .but that's another story for another thread.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hey Cam,

Cruisin' Been up and down the mexican coast so many times the harbor captains have an open file on me. The boat's in Huatulco up a canal with twenty lines holding it in place. Im in Zihuatanejo cooling my jets til after the hurricane season. Haven't had a lot of internet service where i've been, then I lost my password and logged in under another user name (since deleted).

I'll be heading for Costa Rica in the Fall, then Panama, over to Florida and up the intercoastal. Sure would like to work the Med in there somewhere. I've got 3 books pending plus a collection of short stories. Other than that, just hangin' out and chillin'. Talkin' about braless, I just posted one to my gallery or is that gal-a-day?

Glad to see you're still around,

Ian

·
moderate?
1,000 Posts
Glad to know all is well...check out the place in my signature...a lot of the "old timers" are there and "off topic" is unmoderated. Good luck with the writing ... maybe we'll catch ya when ya turn the corner on the east coast!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Is this thread short for SAILING BRAinLESS. I live like that !
& O'DaySundance - are you talking about a Winch or a Wench ( those Kiwis have trouble pronouncing the difference)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Upon boarding:
1 - Remove & Stow shoes.
2 - Remove & Fling bra.
3 - Open hatches.

Simple. No bra, no panties, no problems.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Sorry Pam,

No pics, did not happen!

So smack, it can not be the quote of the year!:B

Marty

·
Registered
48 Posts
Okay Marty. But with a variation on the theme:

No leash, no collar, no problems.