SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I got into sailing several years ago in my mid 20's but always did it in a recreational way. I've just recently purchased an old FJ that needs some TLC before I take it out. I'm excited about how the boat handles as i've been looking for something that can be raced and sailed fast when you're just going out for the day. As a novice to dinghy sailing like this with the FJ, Laser, or Sunfish, I'd enjoy hearing anyone's stories recounting how they cam into dinghy sailing and what they love about it!

·
S/V Calypso
246 Posts
Welcome to SailNet! There is a lot of good expertise here, and plenty of opinions!

·
pete
50 Posts
I think everyone should learn how to sail on a small boat ! You learn a lot that you don't when you just start off on a large boat ,,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you 100% beachmont. Dinghy sailing takes all the aspects of sailing that one needs to know and puts them in your control all together. You learn what works and what does not much quicker this way. "Big boats get the glory but the small boats make the sailor."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts