1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,466 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
A site which can give you some reviews of charter companies is:

Yacht charter Greece and sailing holidays Greece and Turkey - Marine navigation - Yacht charters Greek islands and Turkish coasts

We used him 6 years ago before we did a flotilla charter in the western areas.

Best of luck.
I can second it. The website is full of useful information (particulary if you never been to Greece) and Diederik (I believe is his name) is very helpful. He recommended us a few smaller charter companies and we eventually went with one of them. Pretty happy about it. And Diederik was very helpful with variety of questions I had about sailing in Greece (it was our first time there and I hope not the last one :). If you never been in Greece, I highly recommend chartering boat there because you can combine your sailing trip with sightseeing of a lot of historic places. It is in fact a birthplace of Western civilization.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had a wonderful fabulous time in Knidos, Dodecanese and other Greek islands during our charter vacation on motor sailor yacht Infinity from Bodrum. Everything was set even better than our expectations. Captain and crew members were strongly experienced and very efficient people. They did their bests to make us feel comfortable. Captain has very good experince to sail according to weather and sea conditions. All of us appreciate this professional hospitality. I absolutely recommend wwwcobrayachtcom

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check Sailing Issues website (sailingissues dot com). He got a lot of very useful information about sailing in Greece, including some recommendation regarding charter companies. I had a good luck with one of the smaller companies that he has recommended

·
Registered
17 Posts
We chartered from an individual(marketed through his company name) whose Jeanneau 37 had just come off a Sunsail lease-to-own program, and we had a great experience with him and the boat. George picked us up at the airport, helped us with the paperwork in the Avion harbourmaster's office, then took us for coffee! (which was much needed after an overnight flight to Athens, I assure you). PM me if you would like his contact information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have a skipper licence then the best thing is charter a boat and make your own trip !!!
There a lot of companies in this area .. but you can also find small local companies near the area that yoy want to visit i.e if you want to sail in South East Aegean then try to find a copany locateds in Rodos or in Kos island

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of the best areas is cyclades island group. almost all the companies have their base in paros island. a family owned company, GreekWaterYachts - specializes in Small Cyclades sailing and Santorini sailing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
you can check the Intersailclub website. My experience was great with them, and the website ita very complete. They know different agencies and they warn you about waht's and waht's not in the clauses. Also they compare the agencies (even the individual skippers). I can tell they are new because many vendors are not mentioned in the website yet (I know a lot about many charter companies) but anyway they were prepared to respond to any doubts I had

·
Full time cruiser
542 Posts
Brian - not sure when you are going to be there or where but stay in touch and maybe we can meet up as we will be sailing Greece this summer.

pm me with your email if you like with your schedule.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are actually many charter company, operating in the area. If you think to plan a route combining with Turkish Coasts and Dodecanese Islands in Greece guletvoyage.com do arrangments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts