SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all!

I consider myself a "new-ish" individual to sailing. My experience included 5 years of camp when I was 12-17 yrs old. This camp had Lasers to take out on a small, deep lake. I learned the general terms and coordination of sailing a small, quick boat. And how to turtle! I became highly proficient in rolling that boat all the way around without getting wet or losing the daggerboard.

Other than that, at my cottage I have an ancient Sunfish that recently took a turn for the worse (mast fell over and tore up the hull with it).

That's my history with sailing, however, I have recently been gifted an old sailboat in need of some repairs (pretty much the entire thing). However, other than sanding down the pieces I'm familiar with and re-painting, I'm not entirely sure what kind of sailboat it is! Which makes it difficult when it comes to the rigging. If anyone can recommend a forum that I would benefit from the experience of people familiar to different sailboat designs and rigging, that would be excellent!

All I can tell for sure is that the mast is held down by guy-wires at 4 different points. It's approx 16', completely plastic frame shape.

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/koakle2/library/Sailboat%20Restoration?sort=3&page=1

Looking forward to learning more about sailing and getting this boat on the water!

Cheers,
Kate

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Hello and welcome keep posting until you can post a picture on here of the boat. Several of us here are quite good at identifying boats what is the him hull I'd number usually cast into the stern of a boat like a serial number on a car it would help in identifying the boat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The link to my photobucket album is now in the body of my intro. If anyone has any ideas what this boat might be, let me know! I haven't been able to find a registration plate on it, unfortunately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts