SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group of vibrant, idealistic first year med-students from Michigan State University are looking to pursue sailing and service in July and August, 2001.
We envision a trip from port to port stopping along the way to offer our clinical skills and our sweat to those in need, having good times, and helping others do the same.
Although we have no shortage of motivation, we do have one problem... none of us have a boat. Any words of wisdom, advice on locations (either home or abroad), summer climate restraints, finding a boat, sponsorship, chartering deals or willingness to help in any way would be greatly appreciated.
We have a goal, but our status as students puts us in a unique position. We have a dream, but lack the resources to match it... any help, or kind voices of experience would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
A group of vibrant, idealistic first year med-students from Michigan State University are looking to pursue sailing and service in July and August, 2001.
We envision a trip from port to port stopping along the way to offer our clinical skills and our sweat to those in need, having good times, and helping others do the same.
Although we have no shortage of motivation, we do have one problem... none of us have a boat. Any words of wisdom, advice on locations (either home or abroad), summer climate restraints, finding a boat, sponsorship, chartering deals or willingness to help in any way would be greatly appreciated.
We have a goal, but our status as students puts us in a unique position. We have a dream, but lack the resources to match it... any help, or kind voices of experience would be great. Thanks.
Here's a word of advice for you Rob. Don't look for any encouragement here.
Oh, I guess you may have figured that out already.:laugher:hothead

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Knothead—

Have you completely lost it... they're already graduated and been racking up the interest rates on their med school bills by now... ;)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
true... but you could try disproving that fact.... :)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Steve's off his meds again... :)

·
Apropos of Nothing
1,736 Posts
Knot, I don't believe you're really mad. You'll have to prove it.

Oh, and here's a little guy puking because it's funny: :puke

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Knothead - I feel your pain. Just blow it off dude. You're one of the good guys.

BTW - I do like the flame-head.

(When this post came just after Pain's the whole context changed. Weird.)

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
BTW - Rob is now a retired plastic surgeon living in Jersey. He's never sailed a day in his life and drinks heavily. He has no family. No friends. Thanks Sailnet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts