SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Not So Senior Member
2,506 Posts
I have a tiny bit of list, but the fuel tanks for Mk II were put in the bilge instead of the lazarette. When the water tank under the quarter berth is full I'm even. I do have all of my tools stored under the port dinette which probably helps too.

·
Not So Senior Member
2,506 Posts
Am just about to purchase a 1979 PC Orion 27' and wondered if anyone knew what the differance was between a Mk1 and a Mk2 was? (as i assume a 1979 model is a Mk1)
Didn't notice a list at all by the way.
There are a few differences between the MkI and MkII.

The MkI has a shorter cabin and more foredeck. They added some more head space in the vee berth with the Mk II, which cut down on some foredeck space. With the extra length to the cabin, PSC added two more bronze ports to the MkII, totaling 10. The MkI has 8 bronze ports. The MkI its fuel tank in the lazarette where the MkII has the fuel tank in the bilge. The head is laid out differently on a MkI, the MkII has two different head layouts depending on which of the two interiors you have.

Those are the big differences. You'll see other small differences based on the origional options (tiller vs. wheel, A interior vs. C).

If you want a lot of Orion specific info check out the Yahoo group. Its not incredibly active, but there is activity in bursts. There are quite a few owner members, and we help each other out when a problem pops up. You can check out others boats in the fairly extensive photo section. I've even uploaded origional drawing of the deck arrangement, sail plan etc. Its a good place for Orion owners.

PacificSeacraftOrion27Club : Pacific Seacraft Orion 27 Club

1 - 2 of 2 Posts