SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Sailors,

Back in June 2013, I was on the hunt for a boat that would sail me all the way from Canada to my home in Australia! not an easy thing to do in itself with my budget... and since I found Willow, my 30ft windward sloop sailboat.. I made the decision to go all in!! and spend every last cent on her.. and since then the road has not got any easier.

I've come to far on this adventure, and with my departure date landing somewhere in Aug/September this year, I'd like to invite all to share the highs and low's of the preparation, as I video the up grades, and modification I need to make on my modest little boat before she is ready to sail the high-sea's .

My link is https://www.youtube.com/user/theonboardproject

And please feel free to comment/share some of the things that are happening, as for I am a novice sailor, and I'm learning as I go, thank you

·
Once known as Hartley18
5,179 Posts
Good to hear you're on your way, Benny! :)

Congrat on the new purchase and we wish you a safe voyage back home.

·
Future Catamaran Owner
53 Posts
Good Luck with your project Benny and best wishes for a safe voyage. What an amazing adventure you will be on. Where in Oz is home ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Luck with your project Benny and best wishes for a safe voyage. What an amazing adventure you will be on. Where in Oz is home ?
I just moved back to Victoria, after 10 year up on the gold coast, this was where the sailing dreams started, and this is where I'll be making my home bound landfall.

Thanks Ozidude! and to all the other sailors for the support, it means a lot!
I could use some wisdom from experienced sailor as the project unfolds .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts