SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Miguel and I'm from Portugal I've been sailing for a couple of years in a friend boat, I don't have my own boat. After all these years of sailing I would like to sail more in regattas outside Portugal but I don't know how should I search for teams who need crew and who or what organizations should I contact to find a place in a Boat.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Crewing

I Miguel and I'm from Portugal I've been sailing for a couple of years in a friend boat, I don't have my own boat. After all these years of sailing I would like to sail more in regattas outside Portugal but I don't know how should I search for teams who need crew and who or what organizations should I contact to find a place in a Boat.

Best regards,
Go down to your local yacht club with your gear in a duffle bag and ready to sail. Walk the dock on race night and ask if anyone needs crew. This will get you started. You will start as "rail meat" (sitting on the rail). Do what you are told. Listen, watch and learn. With time you will be given jobs to do. Just keep showing up each week so people know they can rely on you. You will make friends and the word will get out that you are available. Post your name on crew lists at the yacht club bulletin board. Look in sailing magazines for Crew Needed. Post on line. Go for it! Capt Marty 800-419-6403

1 - 2 of 2 Posts