SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for the Eve party to arrive, I glanced down through the member list for those with larger post counts and their last activity earlier in 2014. I mostly skipped those that last posted within the past month or so, assuming their out cruising!

These were just some of the past contributors that I recall seeing with some frequency, but seem to have drifted away. Here's a toast that they've landed safely on some distant shore. If anyone knows of their well being, some may be interested.

SailNet Community - View Profile: wingNwing (swore I saw her cruising in New England on CuttyHunk this summer, but don't think so.)

SailNet Community - View Profile: QuickMick

SailNet Community - View Profile: Capt.aaron (he's probably junk rigged a powerless oil tanker and is crossing the Indian Ocean with it)

SailNet Community - View Profile: Harborless

SailNet Community - View Profile: jameswilson29 (although I think James threatened to sue SN and was likely asked to take a break)

SailNet Community - View Profile: CharlieCobra (there was guy with some skills)

SailNet Community - View Profile: Cruisingdad (I know he got a concussion and sold his boat. Hopefully recovering.)

Cheers mates.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
James is still active on Facebook. It's regrettable that things went in a negative direction with him here and on SA/CA. I enjoyed his posts, even when I disagreed with him. Hopefully he'll be welcomed back here after a cooling off period.

Happy New Year everyone!

·
Over Hill Sailing Club
3,688 Posts
I also wonder how Aaron is doing. Hope he's ok. As far as C.Cobra is concerned, if what has been reported is proven true, keel hauling, or worse, is in order.

·
Super Fuzzy
17,132 Posts
JohnRPollard is another one that comes to mind. Seems as he's been absent for a couple years, but he was a moderator here so I remember him.

Hey mods? What do you have to do to get flicked from the mod squad? :D

MedSailor
You'd have thought I'd have worked that out by now.

John P had some health problems that resulted in him having to move on. A good guy, he is missed but was never given the flick. Same goes with Brian aka CruisingDad. We think of them as the Ghosts in the Machine but they are both still, officially at least, part of the Squad.

·
Super Moderator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
10,713 Posts
Brent got a temporary seat on the bench.
Brenda got a permanent position on the Bench,

Sadly, Wolfenzee has moved to Fidlers Green.

Jeff

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
I don't see Brent Swain around here much anymore. Can't say I miss him.
I do. I found the fanaticism hard to take, but I had to credit the guy that he was pretty innovative in a lot of ways and he was living HIS dream and helping others who wanted to walk on his same path.

I'd love the opportunity to sit down and have a beer or two with him. I'd sit on the companionway steps though, so as I could politely take my leave if the fanaticism became too much to bear.

MedSailor

·
Administrator
Beneteau 393
9,598 Posts
I dunno how to say this, but I have two friends who are in a similar position to CC and ... innocent till proven guilty. I don't know what to think anymore.

I still prefer the comradeship here better than the other place... And much more than the anarchists. Its really up to the hosts here to gently guide things so we all are comfortable. Its a deft hand. A personal touch in the age of internet is still possible.

:)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.