SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
About a week ago, my iPhone Sailnet App stopped displaying "Newest" and "Top" messages on those tabs on the home screen. It does retrieve some messages on the subscribed threads, but that list seems out of date also. I can see new messages if I go to the forums or sub forums directly. I've tried logging in/ out of the app with no luck. I'm using an IPhone 3GS running iOS 5.1.1. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Bill: I had the same experience. Last night I deleted my SailNet app and went to the Apple "app" store to download a new copy. I found it there; but when I went to download it, I received a message saying that the product is no longer available. I went to the SailNet website and barely noticed a banner advertising "Forum Runner". In looking at it, it appears to the way that SailNet is meant to be viewed on mobile devices. I downloaded it (it's $1.99) and it works very well - nicer to use on my iPad than the old app, which appears to have been unceremoniously retired. It would have been nice if the change had been announced; but, I never saw anything on the Forum about the change. Give ForumRunner a try - I think you'll like it.

·
19,489 Posts
Thanks for that, bnaylor.. Others have reported issues with the old SN app and we've had no luck getting admin to comment.

Seems a relatively easy get-around.

·
19,489 Posts
This latest from our Admin re the SN app..

VB has released a new version and plans are underway to update to the new version soon
Hope this helps you out.. (eventually)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts