SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All Members,

As you know, we have been working on a number of changes at Sailnet. First and foremost is our Joint Venture with Latitudes and Attitudes. We have, as of today, started the forum. We are working on the technical aspects to get the forum moving so please be patient with us as we start the transfer of material. This material will include: articles from Lat's and Att's, announcements, upcoming events, their Television Program, and radio program. We hope to have it up and working with the next week to two weeks. So keep checking in as it may chage daily.

We have also added another forum: Guest Speaker. This forum is where we will have many guest speakers come and have open discussions with us. You will be able to review their comments on many questions as well as participate in asking them questions. Many of the speakers are very well known and we we are excited about having them aboard. Their dates that they will participate will be announced ahead of time so that everyone can attend.

We have also re-arranged many of the forums. THis may still go under some "flux" but we are trying to make the forums easier to follow and navigate. I realize some of the older members will have to adjust, but I think in the end it will make it easier for everyone.

Lot's of things changing at Sailnet... lots of positive things. We hope to continue to improve the site to make it even better for our members. Of course, some things may not work out as well as we planned, so understand that this is fluid and we are open to suggestion as we go through the transition.

Thanks for coming and joining. We are having fun with this and hope it carries through to you.

- CD

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
CD,

Smacky is better than SPAM, maybe only a point or two above, but for the most part, BETTER than spam. Look at that face, one only a mother could luv! Pretty bad if you ask me!

Oh well, change for change sake is bad IMHO, but change for improvement(s), go for it!

Marty

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I am glad that the living aboard and cruising forums have been moved up higher on the page, those two and the provisions forums were always my favorites but nobody ever posts to them because they were buried at the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:

We have transferred many of the files over and are working on the logistics to get it into this format. We are still moving forward. Hang in there.

- CD

·
Registered
89 Posts
With all the planning and preparation required, I thought the location of Electronics forum was properly placed in Destinations. :D Seriously, thanks for the relocation; I wondered why I couldn't find those threads again.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are finally getting the articles up and going. Everyone is welcome to stop by and take a look. Sorry... but the logistics were taking longer than thought.

Many more coming.

- CD

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
If you click on articles on the upper left hand side of the page, it sends you to the home or index page for sailnet. Did it yesterday and is still doing it now. Do I need to know a secret handshake now ?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The articles are inside the Lat's and Att's forum... not the Articles link. That was intentional to give them the credit they deserve. LOTS MORE COMING... this was the beginning (kinda like a beta test).

- CD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts