SailNet Community banner

3781 - 3800 of 3814 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
New Bern, NC in the summer and fall. The Bahamas in the winter and spring.
How is New Bern in the summer? I’m planning to head through that area this summer and curious how summer temps there compare to Florida?

·
Registered
681 Posts
How is New Bern in the summer? I’m planning to head through that area this summer and curious how summer temps there compare to Florida?
Florida is a big place so I don't know where to compare to. Actually, Google would be better than me. That said, we use A/C at the dock and fans when anchored out. Full awnings for the boat are a real plus.

Bill

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Florida is a big place so I don't know where to compare to. Actually, Google would be better than me. That said, we use A/C at the dock and fans when anchored out. Full awnings for the boat are a real plus.

Bill
Thanks - I’ve summered on my boat in Key Largo and in the Cape Canaveral area, mostly with no A/C (had a Cruisaire hatch mount ac for a while but couldn’t handle the noise) and have found that with fans, bug screens, and sun shades it’s been manageable. I just looked at the NOAA historical data from last summer for New Bern and it looks like it gets hot during the day (90’s) but cools off at night into the 70’s and even the high 60’s some. That’s almost ten degrees less than the temps I was accustomed to in Florida, so it doesn’t look so bad!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all

3781 - 3800 of 3814 Posts