SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all;

Fedex just delivered our new to us Sailomat 3040 windvane. Quite a hefty unit! I have no instructions on installation, operation or maintenance. If you can help at all with any of these three subjects, please let me know!!!

PS - I sent an email to Sailomat requesting the same.

Chris

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been emailing Sailomat - they are going to send me a manual (for $50). A partial disassembly of the unit revealed a few parts that need replaced, and two parts, the counter balance weight and arm, that are missing.

If anyone has parts (Sailomat did not have the ones I need) let me know. If not, then I am going to have to visit a machine shop.

Chris

·
Registered
994 Posts
Just Bought used 3040 sailomat windvane in great condition

Hi all..I have 32' Islander full keel.Living in Washington state.I am getting ready to sail down coast to CA.I just bought used 3040 sailomat in great condition.Have no manual or to much knowledge installing wind vane.Any help or comments would help me out...THANKS

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been emailing Sailomat - they are going to send me a manual (for $50). A partial disassembly of the unit revealed a few parts that need replaced, and two parts, the counter balance weight and arm, that are missing.

If anyone has parts (Sailomat did not have the ones I need) let me know. If not, then I am going to have to visit a machine shop.

Chris
Hi there- also have a 30-40 Sailomat- although your post about this is several years old, you said that you were getting an instruction/installation manual from the manufacturer- IF you did get one and still have this would you be willing to send me a copy? I would of course cover all costs and expenses. My boat is in Antigua in the Caribbean, but could send you an address in USA or the UK to post it to. SirPhil.

·
Registered
656 Posts
That's odd! The message I just posted seems to have disappeared. OK, here's the information again.

First, have you tried contacting Sailomat? They're still in business and might be able to reproduce an old manual for you.

Factory-direct sales. Worldwide delivery. Since 1974.
SAILOMAT International
Design Office and Factory-Direct International Sales
San Diego, California, USA
E-mail: [email protected]
SAILOMAT

Secondly, I found a thread over at the Cruisers' Forum where a fellow named Peter Schellekens says he has a manual and offered to help the original poster. You might want to send him and e-mail. You can find the 3040 thread here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts