SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. I sail an AMF Sunbird 16 in Cherokee Lake in Jefferson City TN. Today the wind is around 6 kts and would be a perfect sailing day except for the fact its only 16 degrees presently!

I have had the Sunbird (The Lusty Slogger) since 2009. Although I have been sailing for over 50 years I have not owned a large number of boats and most have been under 16 feet. I started sailing the forerunner to the Sunflower and was a boat I purchased for $75.00 from Speigels Catalog Store. The biggest boat I have ever owned was a Bayliner Buccaneer 22.

I enjoy the Sunbird since its small enough to singlehand but quite stable and roomy. I could overnight on it if I wanted to be stiff and sore in the morning! At 69 years of age that doesn't appeal to me. The other thing I like about the boat is that it is now in my basement and I am getting it ready for next spring.

Cheers to all.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to SailNet. My land home is in NE TN. Visited Jefferson City many moons ago when the kids were checking out colleges. Nice area.
Dan S/V Marian Claire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts