SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Read Only
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Michael Paulson. I am 58 and have been boatless for several years. I found I missed being on the water. I am negotiating the purchase of a Mercator Offshore 30, Brine Stormer. Needs a refit but a beautiful boat. I look forward to being back in the wind and making new sailing friends.

the pointy end is the bow
Reaction score
Greetings MichaelNW,

The PNW is pretty well represented here. Are you going to keep your boat down in Olympia?

Reaction score
Welcome to Sailnet, young fellla (that was for you, Ray ;) ..) lots of good people here from your own area. We'll be looking for your boat north of the border next summer!

Registered
Reaction score
I guess this yung un will chime in with a Welcome! Still in the "really old" decade of life ie 40's with teens in the home, maybe in two yrs I can live again! ie +50!

Marty

Handsome devil
Reaction score
howdy

Read Only
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

I will be keeping the boat in Olympia. Trying to decide between Fiddlehead and Swantown. Any opinions?

Brinestormer gets surveyed 10/10. I will move it to Olympia at the end of the month. Then the work begins! Any recommendations for local sail repair?

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Michael,

No prob on the Brine Stormer article. W/ mail from Port Angeles on Tuesday.

You're sailing the boat to Olympia toward end of this month? I keep my Mercator, Iris, in Tacoma, Foss Harbor Marina. If you're passing by give me a call. 206-384-2078 cell.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.