SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
snake charmer, cat herder
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WE HAVE A CRUISING FRIEND IN NEED.... pacific coast panama....

boat name is baja beagle is a cs36t monohull. https://www.google.com/maps/place/7...,-81.4883667,8z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en

from margo this am... anyone in panama or costa rica can help her????

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Margo Roark <[email protected]> wrote:
We left our safe anchorage and motor sailed north for about 3 hours, when we decided to put up the genoa. It was only up for a minute when it came down. I was at the helm and I thought it was billowing in the wind. By the time I realized what had actually happened and took the engine out of gear, the sail was in the water and sucked under the boat.
He spent a couple hours diving under the boat with mask and snorkel trying to get it unwound from the propeller shaft, but not possible. He had to cut it away. So now we have only a mainsail. So with no real wind, we started the engine. At 9 pm the engine stopped abruptly. And now will not start again. We think we have some kind of fuel problem, likely a clogged filter. But we were both too exhausted to work on it last night in the dark. We drifted all night, though Dan wouldn't give up trying to sail with only the main in 1 - 3 kts. He finally gave up and now is resting. In a while we will try to motor to an anchorage with only the 2hp dinghy engine pushing us. But there's no services there, so don't know when we will be able to head north again.
I do not have a strong enough signal here for loading Facebook, but am hoping this will get to you.
Sadly,
Margo

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
I have some jibs that could fit(from my islander 36...)

if they come up to el salvador

good luck

·
snake charmer, cat herder
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update....
Dan Salinas
9 minutes ago
"hello everyone. Margo and I are anchored between the mainland and Isla Santo Catalina North of Pruerto Muntis. We were adrift 20 nm north of here and with our sails we were not able to beat the pacific current taking us south. The winds were in the doldurms, only 5 to 10kts and not for very long. It is a blast, we are working on our diesel engine and hope to have it going soon. the main tank has contamination and the fuel filters are loaded. There also may be water in the line. So, we are at anchor and will work on it. More later."

we will be following these folks´ sail north...

·
Administrator
7,614 Posts
Well, thats betternews.
Thanks Zee!
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts