SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All through time, since the beginning of the combustion engine, the debate has raged on regarding the virtues of Sailor vs Power boaters. I for one have stood up and took on all power boaters who dared roar about their superior method to traverse the waves.

Well, I told these blow hards that their are significant reasons' why sailors are much better people, and geeze these guys hate what I said.

Here are my reason's why I think we are superior, and I would venture to say we, well I, are also elitists.

1) We get better chicks, much better looking and smarter.
2) We are much better looking and also smarter
3) Rappers tend not to purchase sail boats as "bling"
4) Sailors can drink more
5) We have more disposable income.

oh,

6) Our message boards are better and way more sensitive.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
You have way to much time on your hands.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Wow Greg, you're on a roll in your never-ending quest to offend the universe ;)

Anyway obviously I agree with (1) and (2).

(3) See Giu's threads on the guy who uh, renovated his dad's sailboat by, among other things, taking a circular saw to the load-bearing bulkheads and compression post. Probably he wasn't a rapper but still, we may have a demographics issue.

(4) My boat is a dry boat, sorry.

(5) Don't you mean "disposed income"?

(6) lawl.

·
Somewhat Senior Member
619 Posts
Shock-meister strikes again.

Are you the same guy that keeps spamming about Canadian pharmacies and R.O.L.E.X. watches?

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
All through time, since the beginning of the combustion engine, the debate has raged on regarding the virtues of Sailor vs Power boaters. I for one have stood up and took on all power boaters who dared roar about their superior method to traverse the waves.

Well, I told these blow hards that their are significant reasons' why sailors are much better people, and geeze these guys hate what I said.

Here are my reason's why I think we are superior, and I would venture to say we, well I, are also elitists.

1) We get better chicks, much better looking and smarter.
2) We are much better looking and also smarter
3) Rappers tend not to purchase sail boats as "bling"
4) Sailors can drink more
5) We have more disposable income.

oh,

6) Our message boards are better and way more sensitive.
<TABLE class=tborder id=post457060 style="MARGIN: 4px 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Replies: 5
Ontario Canada
Views: 155
Posted By SailorGregS
Ontario Canada

I'm brand new to sailing, and we are looking to jump right in. We want a Tayana 37 or 42.

Later folks.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
So in two weeks you go from not knowing anything to using terms like we and us in regards to sailors.

Greg, I been sailing for 40+ years! Guys like you Annoy me! I am proud to call myself a sailor. I have earned my stripes! Please refrain from calling yourself a sailor in my presence. It just makes me laugh and you look like a horse's a##.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The next time we run into a happily gruntled stinkpotter, we'll send him to you for a thourough dis-gruntling. Glad we don't have to worry about this any longer. :D

·
Belliure 41'
136 Posts
Ironically it’s not the type of boat but how you use it that truly defines a boater. Are sailors better?...not at all but they are no worse than power boaters.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<TABLE class=tborder id=post457060 style="MARGIN: 4px 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Replies: 5
Ontario Canada
Posted By SailorGregS
Ontario Canada

I'm brand new to sailing, and we are looking to jump right in. We want a Tayana 37 or 42.

Later folks.

So in two weeks you go from not knowing anything to using terms like we and us in regards to sailors.

Greg, I been sailing for 40+ years! Guys like you Annoy me! I am proud to call myself a sailor. I have earned my stripes! Please refrain from calling yourself sailor in my presence. It just makes me laugh and you look like a horse's a##.
I'm a sailor, just like you. We are just about pals. Some day we can raft up and discuss, the best way to ask a powerboater to turn down his music.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well I have a real problem with #1 because I have seen some pretty nice eye candy on powerboats in my days. Just open up any boating magazine and you will see powerboats advertised with eye candy aboard, and they are always wearing a bikini and look like beautiful bow ornamnents. I have heard many gorgeous young babes express their preference for powerboats and their thrill of speed over the waves. And lets not forget the owners of those big powerfull boats have deep pockets or they wouldn't be owning one so the smart beauties like the deep pockets. There is a segment of the female population that go for fast cars, fast guys, fast boats and fast money. It is about image for some and a sailboat just doesn't cut it for image like a big expensive powerboat does.
What?? you say you wouldn't want a girl like that.... well she wouldn't want you either!
Even though I am a sailor at heart, I still eyeball the odd stinkpotter, the last one I fantasized over was a 2002 Grand Banks Heritage 42 trawler, man what a nice boat for a stinkpotter, if I had the coin I'd have bought it right then and there for half a million dollars.
You don't need to have canvas to be a good sailor, an engine works well too, and when I am too old to hoist the sails I will be giving serious consideration for a nice trawler.
There are different mindsets that attract folks to one boat over the other, neither is right or wrong, they are just different.
I used to cross country ski and never understood how all those downhillers could tolerate the long line-ups and chairlift rides while I struck out wherever the wilderness bekoned, but those same downhillers drove fast cars and likely fast boats while I wandered through the trails, drove pick-ups, SUV's and the odd car and then floated in the breeze out on the water while fast boats left me in their wake. Maybe I am from another planet, but I just cannot justify a fast powerboat no matter how gorgeous the eye candy I could attract with it.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I find it really interesting how both sailor and power boaters look down their noses at each other. My buddy has a nice power boat, actually it's beautiful. His wife isn't nor is he, but what the heck they are great people. He fills it up, and pays his $2,000 and he's cool with that. I fill mine, and pay a fraction.

Oh well, people are different, and that is what makes the world so interesting, and life is so short even power boaters should enjoy it. But, life is too short to date or marry ugly women.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Problem is, I have a serious question and now doubt it will be answered. Oh well, I will give it a try anyway.

·
Belliure 41'
136 Posts
Hey Greg, might want to quit before people start calling you out. Based on what others, who are highly respected and quite knowledgeable, have said you are speaking out of turn. To become a sailor you have to have more than a boat with a stick in it…according to your comments you have a long way to go.

“It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.”

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Ontario Canada
Posted By SailorGregS
Ontario Canada

Later folks.

Greg, I been sailing for 40+ years! Guys like you Annoy me! I am proud to call myself a sailor. I have earned my stripes! Please refrain from calling yourself sailor in my presence. It just makes me laugh and you look like a horse's a##.
Now THAT'S funny. GregS - busted dude.

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Busted indeed.

Who's starting the "Will SailorGregS ever get a boat" thread?

·
not Sully or Dandelion
195 Posts
Hey Greg, might want to quit before people start calling you out. Based on what others, who are highly respected and quite knowledgeable, have said you are speaking out of turn. To become a sailor you have to have more than a boat with a stick in it…according to your comments you have a long way to go.
This is good advice.
Hey Greg I think you are a fake a phony and a fraud.

Now THAT'S funny. GregS - busted dude.
You are indeed busted.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This brings into question the authenticity of the babe he posted as his wife/girlfriend.....hhhmm??? what's one to believe

I didn't actually see the pics myself....seems they were pulled rather quickly.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts