SailNet Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,525 Posts
Whatever appeals to you. The places that one person might value highly another person might have little use for.

Reactions: tomandchris

·
Bombay Explorer 44
3,619 Posts
Two that were highspots for me.

Making landfall using the Pharos the Tower of Hercules at La Coruna after crossing the Bay of Biscay. ** and reflecting on all the other sailors that had made the same landfall using the same 1900 year old lighthouse }

Run down the Sound of Sleat off the Isle of Skye and anchor off the ruined castle at sunset with a lone piper playing on the castle walls. ** and remembering that this same anchorage would have held galleys and trading ships of the Lords of the Isles in times gone by }

·
first sailed january 2008
1,409 Posts
Well I don't think I'm going to get as specific as tqa. That sounds awesome. For me the top two are the South Pacific and the Mediterranean. I think those are the two worlds best. A lot of people say Alaska and the carribean are world clas but those aren't as appealing to me.

Otherwise if I had a boat and a month anywhere in the world at any time of year I would go to

Norway
New Zealand
California
Tahiti
The Red Sea if it were safe
Morocco
Italy or Greece
Japan
And lastly somewhere really exotic like the black or caspian seas

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
I don't worry about others, but on our bucket list is Tristan da Cunha. We've started making plans, finding the boat, preparing ourselves.

We'll get there. Then we'll revise the bucket list on the sail back.

·
69' Coronado 25
323 Posts
Summer in Alaska and winter in the south pacific

Reactions: Dave_E
1 - 14 of 14 Posts