SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
my machine is a walking foot. I did think long about buying an older machine that wasn't a walking a foot as well as buying a sailrite. So far I've just been playing with smaller swatches of heavy fabric doubles trippled and quad folded over. So far so good... I have a hard time paying for the best "anything" thats out there (except meat).

my quote for bimin and doger redo was nearly 5k. the mache cost me 550. if i have more than 1500 in materials(fabric only tubes are still good) for my bimini and dodger I'll be very suprised. The machine will allow me to also transform my traditional sailcover into a stack pack (1800 from bacons). so yeah in theory buying my machine will ultimately have saved cute ranboo plush serious coin. Labor not withstanding...of course.
The electric motor is one of the main components of a sewing machine as it is responsible for driving the sewing needle through the fabric. For its paramount significance, it accounts for about 30% of the entire cost of the sewing machine. However, to save production costs and to maximize profits, some brands resort to installing a substandard electric motor that rotates at low RPMs and is unable to generate the necessary torque to guide the sewing needle through denser fabrics. As a result, proper stitching does not take place.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts