SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
8,567 Posts
We departed from Newport, RI and sailed almost a straight line to San Juan beginning October 31 and arriving November 9th. No wind above 20 knots, no waves/swells above 4ft and absolutely no rain, not even a single thunderstorm.

Wow! Sounds like a great trip.

I love sailing on the dark night sky. Love a full moon too, but love a dark sky to see the stars and bio-luminescence.

Mark

·
Administrator
8,567 Posts
What makes this more interesting is the damn reauirement for a PCR test, makes it hard to just mosey down the bay and wait for a window, need to stay on the boat.
There is NO requirement for a PCR test to enter Sint Maarten (Dutch Side) from USA/Canada if you are vaccinated.

Sint Maarten is OPEN!!!!!!!

Travel Requirements – Sint Maarten EHAS (stmaartenehas.com)

You need to fill out the online page and send emails to both email addresses saying you're coming:

Application form – Sint Maarten EHAS (stmaartenehas.com)
surveillance <[email protected]>; [email protected]

Product Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

Mark :)

·
Administrator
8,567 Posts
Everyone else seems to want to be fed and paid these days for taking a pleasure cruise and doing no work. I’m very much done with crew, completely disgusted.
Yes. Learning to solo sail is THE most important lesson a sailor can have.

Not a doubt in the world.
The moment you are free of the need for crew you are a proper human in your own right 👍😊

·
Administrator
8,567 Posts
Where will you be located in February and March? Just wondering if we’ll be on the same island; I’ll be around Antigua for February.
We will be in Antigua sometime between January and mid-February.
I need to haul out on March 1st in SXM to fly to Australia.

I have an added difficulty of needing dental work in SXM sometime in January.... that could throw and additional spanner in the calendar!

So we will meet you either here or there before March 1st :)

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts