SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here following the Salty Dawg Rally? Did they leave Nov. 1 and how are they making out?

It seems the current weather off the US East coast is rather frightful for the next few days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a “dawg” in this fight. I am planning to sail Chesapeake to St Martin shortly after Nov. 24 so I have been watching the weather.

Earlier this week the OceanPredictionCenter had, off Hatteras, 27’ seas with a 9 second period.

Hell NO!!!!

But w there are a few good days to get out of the bay and past the stream.

What makes this more interesting is the damn reauirement for a PCR test, makes it hard to just mosey down the bay and wait for a window, need to stay on the boat.

Doable, but proveable???

If anyone is looking to make a passage let me know. So far I am solo. Plans are firming up now, finally. Leaving from Cambridge, MD.

I have tried CrewFinder with little luck. A number of responses; all but one were either from far away (as far as Sydney, OZ WTF?) or not vaccinated. And the one guy who seemed interested went quiet. Don’t balme him, I dont want to be alone with some like me either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark,

Thanks for that.

BUT in the meantime if I end going somewhere else , because who knows, then I might need it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Izzy,
interesting, much different than what is on Noonsite
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried crew finder. Lots were not vaccinated, which reads “brain dead” in my book. Not a comment on the vaccine but on the crew to seek to travel without vaccination. Of course that will be an issue, at least in the world not under your rock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well my plans got stuffed. Had a family medical issue come up that requires my presence. Sounds like this will he at least 2 months. Perhaps more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
As noted elsewhere I have been delayed ri Deb/March. Just exchanged email with router. He says sometimes a winter weather window opens so keep up hope.
We shall see.
Too many variables now.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top