SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides Scandvik, who else can I look at ? I need to replace our shower fixture/Mixer, it's vert mounted w/ 6" centers

Just not excited with most of the Scandvil models

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Is this inside the boat?? in the head??

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No ideas ??, this is not looking good :(

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
If it is inside the boat, why not use regular hardware store fixtures, you'll have a much wider selection, and the interior of a boat isn't that hostile an environment. Go down to Home Depot or Lowe's and see what they have to offer. As long as this is a pressurized FRESH water system, it shouldn't much matter that the fixture isn't a marine fixture. :)

·
Irrationally Exuberant
1,432 Posts
If you are talking about a head/lavatory faucet with a pull-up mixer valve that sends the water to the hand held shower, look online at RV places, such as RVDirect. Note that the one I got from them was 4" on center, which is typical for compact installations, I think.

·
moderate?
1,000 Posts
Ditto that Pappy...we used standard fixtures to replace all our outlets/fixtures with zero problems. We had a lot more choice and saved a lot of money over marine stuff. Just take your tape measure down to the home depot!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been looking at both HD & lowes online with no luck, only 4" & 8", maybe I go there and look in person.

This is very simular to to what we have now, I've email this company to find out what the centers are.

LB-D12101-Q water tap-Large Photo & Picture

But they're in China

·
Registered
197 Posts
We went through the same issue a few years ago when I had to replace my shower control. Cause I needed that particular style as well we did this faucet [10411] from scandvik cause could not find any better alternatives [did the home depo/lowes thing as well]. I think they will put different knobs on if you ask.

Scandvik Marine Inc. - Products

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another alternative is to drill new holes and cover with either the fixture or with a starboard plate.
I think this is what will end up happening, either starboard or teak plate. right now it's plumbed threw the teak cabinet, then a fixture like what sirius posted, like he said, I can always change out the knobs.

Thank you all, maybe I'll post it later when it's done

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thought I would pass this on; My quest for a wall mounted bridge faucet has ended. I stumbled upon this website call Efaucets and this is what I found.

The brand is Elements of Design and they boast a 4"-9" adjustable centers. As it turns out the fixture is actually made for 6" centers and the attachable dog legs is what gives it its adjustabilty to accommodate the current 4-8" centers layouts.

Anywho, nice fixture, I have a matching horizontal fixture and oval bar sink coming so these, along with the teak cabs & granite look of the tops should look pretty sweet

Oh I should mention that the spout comes off and the shower wand attaches to it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts