SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
Love it. Good luck.

I've often considered having an RC sailor to play with at anchor. Last I looked into them, I wasn't sure what to get that would prove fun and reliable. Read a bunch about them leaking or failing. I suppose I just hop in the dinghy and go get it. They might be kind of big to store aboard too.

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
From what I've seen of the 15 or so different RC models at our yacht club, they rarely break down totally. It's ls very handy to get a transmitter that includes battery monitoring: you can set an alarm to warn you when the boat's power is getting low, not expensive either.
Would you or anyone else have any recommendations? Could be a fun way to goof around at anchor. Maybe two to race with guests. I do not recall the price tag to know if this is worth it, as I never thought I found the right stuff to buy.

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
Is this a build your own only deal or can some of these boat be purchased. I'd really like to build a kit, but I've signed up for too much this winter already.

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
Minnwaska, What type of boat are you looking to build.
Thanks for the input. I don't have time on my dance card to build. My winter list is literally 95 items long. Yikes.

I was asking if a good quality RC sailboat can be purchased ready to sail. I don't plan to play locally. The idea is to store it aboard and sail it at anchor, while standing on the sugar scoop with a cocktail chilling on the deck. :)

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
Are the rigs and keels readily removable and reinstalled?

This sounds like fun, I just don't think I can devote much time to it.

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
Honestly 10 min max to rig and start sailing
Thanks again.

I think I conflated two different points. I was interested in how easy it was to rig and unrig, for storage. Sounds easy.

The time was about not having enough to build one. Can a good boat be purchased, ready to sail?

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
Any input on this one? Looks near ready to go.

The DF65 RTR Version is shipped with everything necessary to get started . Preinstalled Servo's, Preassembled booms, sails, fittings etc. All you need to do is assemble the spars , Mast, hang the sails, install your radio system and go race!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts