SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have this installed. I bought one this year and looking for suggestions on installation. I foolishly hooked it up in line with the gusher foot pump but there's just not enough pressure. I'd like to avoid a third spout on the small sink. Did you install it inline with the main faucet?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Steve,
That's the same way the filter is installed on my boat, not much pressure here either, but enough to get the water I need.
Bernd
PSC 31 #83

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I'd done better research instead of relying on faulty intuition. In case anyone else has this question downwind...

The Whale Gusher galley pump always seemed like it had a lot of pressure but according to Whale it has a discharge head of 10 feet - which converts to about 4.5psi. The Sea Gull filter requires a minimum of 30psi.

The Shur-Flo main water pump is 45psi. The Grohe galley faucet cold water comes off the Tee immediately down from the pump so I inserted the Sea Gull inline there. All cold water at the galley is filtered which is a downside but there's plenty of pressure to get through the filter. The filter is rated for 1000 gallon.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mine is connected to the pressurized fresh water system. It is connected to a tee on the cold water side below the sink.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I put ours downstream from our galley foot pump. Not a copious flow, but good enough for us. The SeaGull really does a nice job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts