SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
pc237
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as anyone used the new sea hood from the new psc . the fiberglass one. i have a pc37. how much $. does it use the sam mounting holes. thank for info

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm sure Thumper at PSC can give you accurate information - but when I recently visited he indicated it was a direct swap - and costs about $1,200...

·
Registered
192 Posts
About 5 yrs ago I rpld the rotted seahood on my 1982 C37 with a new one from PSC.
It was a perfect fit and they even adjusted the color to account for fading over time.At that time I think it was $900.00.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Mondo,

The seahood is the low-profile, fixed fibreglass cover over the sliding companionway hatch. It helps to prevent the closed hatch from leaking in heavy conditions when there's a lot of water on deck (heavy rain squalls or large seas).

The dodger of course is your canvas hood over the hatch, that is intended to shield the occupants of the cockpit from spray. It also provides an awning for the open companionway hatch, to prevent spray or rain from entering the cabin when it's open.

Not all boats have the seahood that our PSCs have. It's a nice feature. If I can find a good photo I'll post it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts