SailNet Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a used Simpson Lawrence Sea Tiger 555 manual windlass without much luck. It seems since S-L went into receivership in early part of this decade, no one else has decided produce and to sell this unit.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt Simpson Lawrence a distribution company that private labeled its own goods?

If that statement is true, there must be a company that produced this manual windlass. Does any one have knowledge of such company or can fill me in on how and where these units were produced?

Is this unit being produced under another name?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Salty:

I don't know the answers to your questions. But I know my dock neighbor was on the hunt for one and finally located one I think on eBay.

But here is a listing for a 555 "look alike" link. (No affiliation).

Good luck w/your hunt - I understand that S-L 555 is the best manual windlass around.

·
STARBOARD!!
1,662 Posts
Simpson Lawrence was bought out by Lewmar. I think they eventually stopped production of the Sea Tiger 555 and spares for the S/L products are diminishing. When I bought my boat it had a S/L Hyspeed 510 on the deck and I rebuilt it. The repair parts and powder coat of the capstan and housing cost me ~$400 to rebuild. pyacht.com used to carry parts for the 510 and 555 but I don't see links and parts listings for them anymore...

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
The song chain merely requires that you name a song that includes at least one word from the title of the previous song... so lyrically challenged can participate provided they know the names of the songs they can't sing. :)
Sorry but I am lyrically challenged.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I doubt the 10 post rule will be reconsidered...the consequences of spammers flooding the site will be a big problem. The place is free, 10 posts is not a lot. it olny restricts certain activities. An unfortunate necessity, it's there for a reason.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.