SailNet Community banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Mims,

Go for the IP. Tell the ARE to buy himself a Laser or a 505 or something similar. He'll get all the fast he can stand. Then, after a few races in high wind on cold water, he'll be dying to get back on board a warm, dry, well mannered boat with his honey!;)

·
Big Chicken Baby
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Aww Cardiacpaul he's not unreasonable just picky and his job is to find flaws and to design solutions. You would actually love to work on his boat. If you are upfront, honest and do quality work, no one is more appreciative, loyal and willing to pay well for your expertise and talent.

·
Big Chicken Baby
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
**Update**

It is looking good for the Family Truckster.
After letting the ARE play with the sail calculator for hours comparing the Truckster to his picks, reading spec sheets, going over all the technical drawings and the owner's history and maintenence records, seeing what was on the market, cost comparasion, etc I think I have won.

This isn't the perfect boat and there are some design flaws(changing the tanks scares me)and performance issues which we have considered but I think this is the perfect boat for us- RIGHT NOW. The ARE after all of his efforts could only say " I really, really hate it when you are right".

I have consoled him with the promise that once the kid is off to school and we are buying our long term, cruise forever boat we will definitely get a Swan or Hallberg-Rassy (once he saw the technicals his little Engineer heart skipped a few beats).

The plan is to get the Truckster, make it as kid/user friendly as possible, love on it for a few years then pass it on to another family who wants to cruise with younger kids, then step up.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Good luck Mimsy... keep us posted. :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.