SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Practical Sailor gave the Sealand Holding Tank System a good write up. Has anyone had any experience with these. Are they worth the price or is it just more fancy equipment prone to failure?

The artical sold me on them, but before I purchase I''d like to hear some real world results.

Many Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Two years ago I installed a Sealand head w/ integral holding tank on 30 ft sailboat. Have had no problems with it; a very well built system and fits into limited space available. e mail for more details/questions if this is the unit you are considering.

·
Chesapeake Sailor
579 Posts
Steve,
I''m in the process of installing a holding tank system in my boat. There are couple of URLs you might hava a look at. The first is Peggie Hall''s article on marine sanitation systems. She''s a consultant in this business and a real expert: www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/phall.htm
She has a very high opinion of SeaLand, particularly their new sanitation hose. She pointed out to me however,that there are other polyethelene tank manufacturers of equal quality (and wall thickness) with much larger tank selections. Here is the URL for one: www.ronco-plastics.com

Wayne

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Wayne,

I ended up ordering a tank from a company called Ocean Link (oceanlinkinc.com). They carry quite an assortment of shapes and sizes and their tanks are the same thickness as the Sealand tanks. I couldn''t get a good fit with the Sealand tank and as you say, too small a selection of sizes. Ocean Link also stocks Sealand tanks and accessories.

Since I haven''t yet installed my tank and still need to purchase hose, macerator, etc, I will check out Peggie Hall''s article.

Thanks again,
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts