SailNet Community banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
7,570 Posts
Just an aside to the Cannabis idea... You better be careful where you go loaded with dope on your boat. It might be fine in the USA, but other places its a very illegal drug.
They hang drug people in Singapore.
Malaysia
Indonesia.
and lots of other places...

"Cannabis in Singapore is illegal. Possession or consumption can result in a maximum of 10 years in prison, with a possible fine of $20,000, as well as caning, under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Trafficking, import or export of more than 500 grams may result in the death penalty."

Oh, and your boat gets confiscated too

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Just an aside to the Cannabis idea... You better be careful where you go loaded with dope on your boat. It might be fine in the USA, but other places its a very illegal drug.
Malaysia
Indonesia.

"Cannabis in Singapore is illegal. Possession or consumption can result in a maximum of 10 years in prison, with a possible fine of $20,000, as well as caning, under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Trafficking, import or export of more than 500 grams may result in the death penalty."

That is all so dire, but doesn't relate to me. I will probably only be sailing in the waters of Maryland for the next couple of years.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I know a psychiatrist who advises his patients with anxiety disorder, that it is okay for them to use CBD oil, as early research suggests it does help calm anxiety. He has seen evidence that it is a helpful adjunct to the prescription medication he prescribes his patients.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Malaysia
Indonesia.

Boy, that sounds kind of........final! the hanging part would be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Malaysia
Indonesia.

There is a big difference between CBD oil and "dope". CBD oil has no psychoactive properties, and certainly a bottle of CBD capsules and half a kilo of marijuana are 2 very different things!

That said, it is always a good idea to know what is and isn't allowed to be imported into whatever country you are visiting. Some countries are still pretty backward when it comes to cannabis derivatives.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts