SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Iroquois MkII
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering, are there any opinions on whether SeaTow or BoatUS provides better towing coverage in Buzzards Bay ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Why bother choosing? If you have hull insurance, simply add a towing endorsement which is a very nominal cost and you can watch them race trying to beat each other to the job. Most underwriters change only a small amount for this endorsement, it gives you more flexibility, better coverage (i.e., no limit) and few if any underwriter would even threaten to increase your premium if you use this coverage.

Specific tow policies give some folks a feeling of comfort which I understand but there is no practical advantage.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Just curious, did you get your boat down to Marion or Buzzards Bay??? I just finished a delivery of a Gemini catamaran to Sippican harbor.

·
Iroquois MkII
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep it's sitting in Burr Bros boat yard awaiting replacement of the rub rail and a few other minor details.

I was just down there yesterday checking out the mooring...

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I think I saw it yesterday morning, when I was at Burr Brothers finishing up a delivery. :) It's on the hard south of the fuel dock IIRC.

Yep it's sitting in Burr Bros boat yard awaiting replacement of the rub rail and a few other minor details.

I was just down there yesterday checking out the mooring...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts