SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up today after looking for some info on a trip to Blake Island. Looks like an active forum with lots of good info to go over :)

I have been sailing for a few seasons now. I started on my buddies C&C 121 doing weekly races in Elliot Bay which is just off Downtown Seattle. It's not difficult to fall in love with sailing on a such a beautiful boat in such a gorgeous setting! My buddy was great teach as well, by the second season I was comfortable in the pit, on a jib sheet or even manning the helm when not in a huge crowd.

Wanting to learn more, I joined the Washington Yacht Club for a season of Laser and Hobie Bravo fun. Though a simple in compared to the big boats, the small boats are great to learn on. You 'feel' things so much better on them and really learn a lot.

This is my first season on my own boat(or 1/2 of it at least). It is a San Juan 24 and has been an absolute blast so far. I realized very quickly that while I am comfortable under sail, I had never taken a boat into or out of a marina under power before. I have decided there is absolutely nothing wrong with walking my little SJ out of the slip for now ;)

The boat was owned by an estate and had not been sailed in quite some time before we got it. As such there have been a couple of exciting day trips, like the day our tiller broke, :laugher but I think we have finally shaken the boat out pretty well and I am really looking forward to a long NW summer of sailing!

·
On the hard
3,502 Posts
Welcome aboard but get your sailing in now. PNW sunshine usually takes away any wind. However, this has been an unusual year thus far so we may actually have wind with sunshine for a change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts