SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up today after looking for some info on a trip to Blake Island. Looks like an active forum with lots of good info to go over :)

I have been sailing for a few seasons now. I started on my buddies C&C 121 doing weekly races in Elliot Bay which is just off Downtown Seattle. It's not difficult to fall in love with sailing on a such a beautiful boat in such a gorgeous setting! My buddy was great teach as well, by the second season I was comfortable in the pit, on a jib sheet or even manning the helm when not in a huge crowd.

Wanting to learn more, I joined the Washington Yacht Club for a season of Laser and Hobie Bravo fun. Though a simple in compared to the big boats, the small boats are great to learn on. You 'feel' things so much better on them and really learn a lot.

This is my first season on my own boat(or 1/2 of it at least). It is a San Juan 24 and has been an absolute blast so far. I realized very quickly that while I am comfortable under sail, I had never taken a boat into or out of a marina under power before. I have decided there is absolutely nothing wrong with walking my little SJ out of the slip for now ;)

The boat was owned by an estate and had not been sailed in quite some time before we got it. As such there have been a couple of exciting day trips, like the day our tiller broke, :laugher but I think we have finally shaken the boat out pretty well and I am really looking forward to a long NW summer of sailing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.